I have just got hold of the SDK and had a little play around with the Demo's, I've not managed to get much done but the whole thing does look much more "DirectXy" which will likely have it's good and bad points. for example the horrendously long class/struct names. I've already seen "VkPipelineInputAssemblyStateCreateInfo" as a name and I'm sure there will be plenty longer. It will obviously have it's benefits in terms of performance but I'm not sure we will really experience that for a while. Anyway here is a quick video of me after messing with the textures a little with the cube demo:
So what will I be doing this year?
So this year my main focus is going to be on:
- Getting my Space Invaders game finished off, and I mean fully polished!
- Developing my skills in Blender.
- Slowly making parts of the JBEngine OpenSource.
- Trying to contribute much more to the OpenSource Community.
- Getting stuck in to Vulkan, hopefully integrating it with the JBEngine at some point.
- Making the JBEngine Cross Platform.
Anyway that's pretty much it, oh and I did do some work with blender over the past month so here is some dev art to laugh at: