The next thing I worked on was a few bug fixes. The player was being deleted when going to the next level. If you clicked "Esc" when waiting for the next level or when you were respawning it would crash the game out. These were easy enough fixes but the last one was a biggee and was actually still there in this video:
The big bug that I managed to catch out was an optimisation problem. My FPS had dropped to ~40 all the time. At first I thought It was something to do with the Entity Component System as it seemed to show up most when profiling, this then caused me to make some changes to use more efficient containers. It turned out it was actually the awesomium texture updates. I was updating the scores and lives every update. This causes a re-draw of the whole html page which is very slow!
I managed to catch it and my FPS is way back up again now so all is well.
Oh as an added note I downloaded blender tonight so I will be getting to work on the defence posts soon.