Bitten off more than I could chew
After swapping all the files across and realising exactly how many problems there were and all to do with classes being templated I quickly realised that it was a massive mistake.
You definitely shouldn't jump into some code that you've not looked at for months and try and implement a massive piece of new functionality. It was just daft on my part.
As a positive though at least I have done *something* even if it didn't quite work out this time, it wasn't really a failure:
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison
I will still need to buy a new GFX card as I'm still rocking an nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS, but it's not really a necessity for now. I will see how I feel on payday and decide whether I buy one ;)
I have also got another computer that I managed to save from being scrapped at one of my old jobs and I will be taking a few pieces from my current setup and putting it in that to use as a server. That way I can get a proper Server-Client test for my networking code.
Exciting stuff to come if I can keep up the work.